Position: CAD Designer (Full Time, Immediate)
Location: Hybrid: Somerville MA/Fremont NH/Remote
At Altaeros, our mission is to connect people, machines and data, no matter where in the world they are located. We leverage cutting edge autonomy and advanced aerospace technology to build the most effective aerial platform available. Our SuperTowers™ are used to deliver high speed, low-cost broadband to underserved communities, build IoT networks to monitor industrial sites or crop health, provide an elevated vantage point for first responders fighting wildfires or other natural disasters, and any number of other applications.
The CAD Designer will be key to ensuring our documentation, data, and ERP systems run smoothly. S/he will work primarily within the mechanical and electrical engineering teams, manufacturing team, and project management. Our work environment is fast-paced and dynamic, with an emphasis on collaboration; we work together to find solutions to solve some of the world’s biggest challenges, and we like to have fun while doing it.
At Altaeros, we believe you do your best work when you are trusted to operate with a high level of respect, initiative and personal responsibility. Our team members enjoy a highly flexible work schedule. Compensation includes salary, equity, and great benefits including unlimited paid time off, health, dental and life insurance, as well as 401k.
Within the first 6 months you will:
- Interface with mechanical, electrical, and manufacturing teams to document and update designs to as-built status
- Create and enter accurate bill of materials (BOMs) based off current designs
- Create assembly drawings as needed based on current designs.
- Become the CAD vault administrator, ensuring that documentation is up to date and at the correct revisions
- Manage CAD architecture, file structure, size, content, representations, levels of detail, and other features of CAD to ensure an efficient and clean model always exists
- Define best practices and guidelines within our CAD system
- Work with supply chain to ensure proper data is provided and received for procurement, build, and testing
- Associate degree in engineering design, drafting or related field
- 2 to 5 years of experience in CAD design and 2+ years of documentation management experience
- Experience with mechanical, electrical, and electro-mechanical systems
- Must be familiar with CAD packages such as Solidworks, Inventor, Vault, etc.
- Experience with Product Data Management (PDM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, and change management (ECO process) preferred
- Strong drive, interpersonal, and communication skills – not afraid to chase things down
- A “Startup Attitude”: quick learner, passionate, nimble, and adaptable- you get creative when the answer is not obvious
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter with the subject [CAD Designer – Your Name] to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Altaeros strives to build a diverse, inclusive environment, where everyone is proud to bring their full selves to bear on the problems we are tackling, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, CORI status, or disability. We value the diversity of perspectives that comes with a diverse team, and encourage applications from candidates of all identities and backgrounds, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in technology startups.