Position: Field Service and Manufacturing Technician (Full Time)
Location: Remote, Fremont, NH & Travel
Rapidly Expanding High-Speed, Affordable Connectivity to Rural Communities Globally
At Altaeros we believe everyone should have access to the basic building blocks that allow a fulfilling, prosperous life, whether they live in a megacity or in the most rural of villages. We also believe in the power of innovation to make this a reality. Our SuperTowers are autonomous tethered aerostats that deploy a wide range of payloads, including LTE, 5G, IoT and other equipment. With both fixed and mobile SuperTowers, we aim to help hundreds of millions of people get online for the first time. As a member of the Altaeros team, you will help us to achieve our goal of delivering the next generation of infrastructure to those who need it most.
Altaeros is currently looking for a Field Service Technician to support the build and deployment of SuperTowers. As a Field Service and Manufacturing Technician you will be responsible for commissioning, installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance. You will act as the primary point of contact on technical matters for customers and be the bridge between customers and the engineering team. This role requires a natural technical aptitude, excellent troubleshooting skills and the flexibility to take on a variety of responsibilities. Travel is required and could be as much as 80%. During periods where travel is not required, you will be responsible for providing on-call customer technical support by phone/email and will support manufacturing and production. Our work environment is fast-paced and dynamic; we work together to find solutions to solve some of the world’s biggest challenges, and we like to have fun while doing it.
At Altaeros, we believe you do your best work when you are trusted to operate with a high level of respect and integrity. Compensation includes salary, equity and benefits including paid time off, health, dental and life insurance, plus 401k
Within your first 6 months you will:
- Assist with build and testing of SuperTowers in Fremont, NH
- Support customer demonstrations in Fremont, NH
- Complete the SuperTower Operator & Maintenance training in Fremont, NH
- Assist in creating procedures for repairs and maintenance
- Provide technical support both onsite and via phone/email
- Participate in installation and commissioning of SuperTowers stateside and internationally
- Strong interest and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Expert testing, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with high quality installation, repair, and maintenance
- Experience with electrical, mechanical, and industrial controls systems
- Must be able to repeatedly lift at least 70 pounds
- Comfortable working in austere and remote locations
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- “Startup Attitude”: quick learner, passionate, nimble, and adaptable- you get creative when the answer is not obvious
- 5+ years field technician experience
- Prior experience with aerostats is preferred but not required
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter with the subject [Field Service and Manufacturing Technician – Your Name] to Altaeros.firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.