Position: Network Services Engineer (Full Time, Immediate)
Location: Hybrid: Somerville, MA/Remote
At Altaeros, our mission is to connect people, machines and data, no matter where in the world they are located. We leverage cutting edge autonomy and advanced aerospace technology to build the most effective aerial platform available. Our SuperTowers™ are used to deliver high speed, low-cost broadband to underserved communities, build IoT networks to monitor industrial sites or crop health, provide an elevated vantage point for first responders fighting wildfires or other natural disasters, and any number of other applications.
As a Network Services Engineer, you will play an important role in the continuous improvement and maintenance of Altaeros products, services, and internal systems to deliver a performant and secure solution. Our work environment is fast-paced and dynamic, with an emphasis on collaboration; we work together to find solutions to solve some of the world’s biggest challenges, and we like to have fun while doing it.
At Altaeros, we believe you do your best work when you are trusted to operate with a high level of respect, initiative and personal responsibility. Our team members enjoy a highly flexible work schedule. Compensation includes salary, equity, and great benefits including unlimited paid time off, health, dental and life insurance, as well as 401k.
- Work closely with business management to resolve business process and productivity needs and an appropriate technology strategy to support business goals.
- Analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of the network’s infrastructure design, integration, and operations.
- Work with technical management to architect networks that effectively reflect business needs, service-level and availability requirements, and other technology parameters.
- Develop design principles, models, plans, internal standards, budgets, and processes (based on industry best practices).
- Establish principles for network design and deployment.
- Provide advisory support to management to comply with regulatory requirements such as CMMC, responses to new network requirements and regulatory mandates
- Participate in the design and implementation of enterprise security framework
- Participate in selection of networking technologies and products for implementation.
- Must have strong communication skills, presentation skills, ownership acumen, and be able to deconstruct complex problems and projects into execution detail.
- Some travel
- Experience with configuration, installation, troubleshooting, supporting network equipment, wireless access points & firewall policies across different platforms.
- Detailed oriented and organized.
- Excellent client relationship skills.
- Excellent documentation skills using Microsoft Office and Visio.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to learn new and unfamiliar technologies and products independently (using documentation and online resources).
- A “Startup Attitude”: quick learner, passionate, nimble, and adaptable- you get creative when the answer is not obvious
Highly desired, but not required
- Application security experience in a cloud environment.
- Experience with Industrial Communication protocols, like EPL, Profibus, Modbus, CAN, etc.
- Experience with designing and deploying Multiplexed Fiber Optic Networks.
- Experience configuring and managing Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches, eg. Cisco, Meraki, Aruba, etc
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter with the subject [Network Services Engineer – Your Name] to email@example.com.
Altaeros strives to build a diverse, inclusive environment, where everyone is proud to bring their full selves to bear on the problems we are tackling, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, CORI status, or disability. We value the diversity of perspectives that comes with a diverse team, and encourage applications from candidates of all identities and backgrounds, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in technology startups.