Position: Senior Software Engineer (Full Time, Immediate)
Location: Remote (USA Only)
At Altaeros, we are providing an elevated vantage point to connect people, machines, and data no matter where in the world they happen to be located. Our SuperTower™, is the world’s most advanced autonomous aerostat platform that carries a wide range of payloads to deliver critical communication services to communities, businesses, and industries around the world. Never heard of an aerostat? We’ll teach you! As an engineer at Altaeros, you have the opportunity to define, design and build a completely unique product. Creating a revolutionized product comes with many fun challenges and often requires thinking outside the box. As a team, we push ourselves outside our comfort zones. Sometimes that leads to success, and other times it leads to lessons which help us improve. When we are continuously learning, we are unstoppable. Does that sound like an environment you’d thrive in? If so, keep reading!
As a member of the Altaeros Software team you will build the Aerostat Autopilot which is at the heart of every SuperTower (https://www.altaeros.com/technology/ ). We want to speak with you if you have experience with full stack development or front-end development using C# and enjoy learning and expanding your technical expertise. Technology changes fast and you will have input and influence for our future tech stack and toolset. You are joining an Agile team dedicated to delivering a quality product and ensuring customer satisfaction. Our work environment is fast-paced and dynamic; we work together to find solutions to solve some of the world’s biggest challenges, and we like to have fun while doing it.
At Altaeros, we believe you do your best work when you are trusted to operate with a high level of respect and integrity. Our Software team is remote, and members enjoy a highly flexible work schedule. Compensation includes salary, equity, and great benefits including unlimited paid time off, health, dental and life insurance, as well as 401k.
Within the First 6 Months:
- Develop full stack solutions using Blazor for web UI integrated to our microservices-based backend solution developed in .NET Core.
- Actively run and test your code on an Altaeros aerostat currently flying at our R&D facility in New Hampshire.
- Design, code and unit test new features, enhancements and bug fixes for the Aerostat Autopilot mission controls and Operator dashboard using C# in an Agile-Scrum environment.
- Deliver comprehensive automated tests to ensure high software quality.
- Help in requirements definition with a cross-functional team of control and aerodynamic engineers, Product Owners, and system engineers.
- Proficiency in C# and .NET Core
- Have delivered solutions and/or applications using Object Oriented software development best practices and design patterns, and familiarity/experience with microservice architecture and/or UI development and User Experience best practices
- Experience with Blazor or LabView is a plus
- Experience with OPC UA is a plus
- Experience building or contributing to an automated test suite and CI/CD practices.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with logical and repeatable approach to diagnosing and debugging problems.
- A “Startup Attitude”: adaptive learner, passionate, nimble, and able to get creative when the answer is not obvious
- The ability to work with a geographically dispersed team
- A team member with strong drive, initiative, organizational and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (or working experience that has established your solid understanding of computer science principles) and 5+ years software development experience
Our Development Practices:
Our code is written in C# and runs on .NET. All work goes through internal code review. We are always improving our development practices, and you will participate in that process and help us to refine it.
Our software team is made up of telecommuters, so communication centers around Slack huddles, Microsoft Teams, group chat, and agile planning tools. We invite you to apply from any US state. Relocation may be considered.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter with the subject [Senior Software Engineer – Your Name] to email@example.com.
Altaeros strives to build a diverse, inclusive environment, where everyone is proud to bring their full selves to bear on the problems we are tackling, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, CORI status, or disability. We value the diversity of perspectives that comes with a diverse team and encourage applications from candidates of all identities and backgrounds, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in technology startups.