Position: Senior Systems Engineer (Full Time, Immediate)
Location: Hybrid: Remote/Somerville, MA
At Altaeros, our mission is to connect people, machines and data, no matter where in the world they are located. We leverage cutting edge autonomy and advanced aerospace technology to build the most effective aerial platform available. Our SuperTowersTM are used to deliver high speed, low-cost broadband to underserved communities, build IoT networks to monitor industrial sites or crop health, provide an elevated vantage point for first responders fighting wildfires or other natural disasters, and any number of other applications.
The Senior Systems Engineer position is key to the engineering team by leading, following and improving Altaeros’s Product Development Process. This position reports to the Principal Systems Engineer, but will work hand-in-hand with the multi-disciplinary engineering team, business development team, and project managers. S/he will support the requirements collection, specification documentation, design trade-offs and test planning of Altaeros SuperTower products. The Senior Systems Engineer will ensure that design decisions in one area adequately support needs in other areas, minimize overall system risk, and ensure the entire team is continually aligned around building the right product.
At Altaeros, we believe you do your best work when you are trusted to operate with a high level of respect and integrity. Our team members enjoy a highly flexible work schedule. Compensation includes salary, equity, and great benefits including unlimited paid time off, health, dental, and life insurance, as well as 401k.
Within your first 6 months you will:
- Work with the cross-functional team to learn and understand the SuperTower
- Support requirements definition for current and future products
- Create and maintain the Product Development Process documents (Product specs, CONOPS, System Diagrams, FMEA, verification plans)
- Identify and analyze the cross-functional design tradeoffs between on performance, schedule, cost, risk, and complexity
- Champion a culture where system level thinking is rooted in all areas of the business and constantly
drive a mindset of holistic view of the product and project
- BS in Engineering and 5 years’ experience or equivalent (electro-mechanical with software experience preferred)
- Experience in systems engineering and the mindset to adapt the process to suit the company needs.
- Experience with large electro-mechanical systems, motion control, autonomy, sensors
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; this role interfaces with many people and functions across Altaeros
- A “Startup Attitude”: quick learner, passionate, nimble, and adaptable- you get creative when the answer is not obvious
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter with the subject [Senior Systems Engineer – Your Name] to Altaeros.firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.