Position: Senior Technical Training Developer (Full Time, Immediate)
Location: Hybrid: Somerville, MA/Remote
At Altaeros, we are providing an elevated vantage point to connect people, machines, and data no matter where in the world they happen to be located. Our SuperTower™, is the world’s most advanced autonomous aerostat platform that carries a wide range of payloads to deliver critical communication services to communities, businesses, and industries around the world. Never heard of an aerostat? We’ll teach you! As an engineer at Altaeros, you have the opportunity to define, design and build a completely unique product. Creating a revolutionized product comes with many fun challenges and often requires thinking outside the box. As a team, we push ourselves outside our comfort zones. Sometimes that leads to success, and other times it leads to lessons which help us improve. When we are continuously learning, we are unstoppable. Does that sound like an environment you’d thrive in? If so, keep reading!
The Sr. Technical Training Developer is a key role for Altaeros’s success. This person is responsible for creating Altaeros’s Certified SuperTower Operator & Service Training Program to train operators. The ideal candidate has a passion for state of the art technology, a talent to translate engineering speak to non-technical people, the ability to see the big picture and layout project goals, and still enjoys hands-on work to create training content. The main goal of the training program is to teach Altaeros and non-Altaeros personnel to operate the SuperTower in normal, maintenance and service scenarios. This person will have autonomy to choose the right tools, approaches and staff to meet Altaeros’s Operations and Service goals. We are looking for someone who is excited about creating great training experiences and is eager to help create something from the ground up.
At Altaeros, we believe you do your best work when you are trusted to operate with a high level of respect and integrity. Our team members enjoy a highly flexible work schedule. Compensation includes salary, equity, and great benefits including unlimited paid time off, health, dental and life insurance, as well as 401k.
Within the First 6 Months:
- Learn about the SuperTower technology and how it operates
- Interface with engineering, manufacturing, field service and sales organization to develop specifications for course content
- Design and develop technical training curriculum for internal and external customers
- Choose technology and graphical tools to create purposeful and useful training content
- Create course outlines, lesson plans, storyboards, instructor and participant materials
- Lead or observe training courses in order to improve the content in line with continuous improvement mindset
- Be an integral member in Altaeros’s close knit team
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work or educational experience with technical and/or engineering concepts
- 5+ years maintenance and technical training experience
- Knack for understanding complex information and ability to communicate the information to people with diverse professional backgrounds
- Launched and delivered technical training programs (internal and/or external) for complex equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning theory and instructional design methodologies
- Experience within autonomous vehicles or heavy equipment industries preferred
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- A “Startup Attitude”: quick learner, passionate, nimble, and adaptable- you get creative when the answer is not obvious
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter with the subject [Senior Technical Training Developer – Your Name] to email@example.com.
Altaeros strives to build a diverse, inclusive environment, where everyone is proud to bring their full selves to bear on the problems we are tackling, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, CORI status, or disability. We value the diversity of perspectives that comes with a diverse team, and encourage applications from candidates of all identities and backgrounds, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in technology startups.