Position: Site Test Monitor (Hourly, Weekends, Third Shift)
Location: Fremont, NH
Rapidly Expanding High-Speed, Affordable Connectivity to Rural Communities Globally
At Altaeros we believe everyone should have access to the basic building blocks that allow a fulfilling, prosperous life, whether they live in a megacity or in the most rural of villages. We also believe in the power of innovation to make this a reality. Our SuperTower uses the world’s first autonomous aerostat platform to permanently deploy high-speed mobile broadband in rural markets at a fraction of the cost of alternatives. With this new class of communication infrastructure, we aim to help hundreds of millions of people get online for the first time, unlocking untold new opportunities. As a member of the Altaeros team, you will help us to achieve our goal of delivering the next generation of infrastructure to those who need it most.
Altaeros is looking for a tech savvy individual to assist with some shift work at our Fremont, NH R&D Test Site. As a Site Test Monitor you will support Altaeros’ Flight Test Manager and will be responsible for actively monitoring the flight/status of the aerostat (a tethered balloon system). You will also provide security checks of the R&D Test Site.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter or personal statement with the subject “Site Test Monitor – Applicant Name” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Estimated Level of Effort / Engagement:
- This is a weekend, third shift, hourly position starting immediately.
- Typical shift is 9-12 hours up to 20 hours/week. Shifts will be weekend nights.
- This position is hourly at a rate of $16/hour.
- The work environment is a rural test site in Fremont, NH that includes trailers with air conditioning, a hangar, and a tethered aerostat.
Responsibilities / Activities:
- Perform test monitoring functions using a human machine interface (HMI) on a computer. The aerostat system, which will be flying during the tests, uses an automated on-board flight control system and reports back to the HMI. Interaction with the automated system is expected to be minimal for typical flight operations.
- Depending on information obtained from the HMI, take prescribed steps, one of which may include contacting the on-call engineer.
- Additional responsibilities include site security tasks such as: driving the perimeter, walking the site near the aerostat, and contacting law enforcement or emergency personnel as necessary.
- Familiarity and comfort with technology and computer interfaces.
- Demonstrated individual responsibility and ability to use your initiative.
- Hands on experience with machines.
- Minimum education requirements: HS diploma or GED
- Able to be alone overnight at the remote test site.
- Comfortable working in an early-stage startup environment.
- Can-do team mentality.
- A plus would be any experience in machine or control engineering/design.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter with the subject [Site Test Monitor – Your Name] to Altaeros.email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.