Position: Vice President, Global Service (Full Time, Immediate)
Location: Hybrid: Somerville, MA/Remote
At Altaeros, our mission is to connect people, machines and data, no matter where in the world they are located. We leverage cutting edge autonomy and advanced aerospace technology to build the most effective aerial platform available. Our SuperTowersTM are used to deliver high speed, low-cost broadband to underserved communities, build IoT networks to monitor industrial sites or crop health, provide an elevated vantage point for first responders fighting wildfires or other natural disasters, and any number of other applications.
The Vice President, Global Service is critical to Altaeros’ success and will work closely with the CEO and COO. We are looking for someone who is experienced in running a global service organization with extensive field work, yet has creative ideas on how to do it better. This role is responsible for creating our service and maintenance processes, supporting the rollout of an Altaeros Certified Training Program, and building out the teams needed to meet the company’s service objectives. It is a high impact and high visibility role that closely interacts internally (engineering, manufacturing, operations, sales and management) and externally with customers. Our work environment is fast-paced and dynamic, with an emphasis on collaboration; we work together to find solutions to solve some of the world’s biggest challenges, and we like to have fun while doing it.
At Altaeros, we believe you do your best work when you are trusted to operate with a high level of respect and integrity. Our team members enjoy a highly flexible work schedule. Compensation includes salary, equity, and great benefits including unlimited paid time off, health, dental, and life insurance, as well as 401k.
Within your first 6 months you will:
- Learn the SuperTower products through hands-on experience, knowledge transfer and customer interaction
- Establish strategy and processes around service levels, maintenance schedules, escalations, spares, and KPIs
- Build out a team of Field Service Technicians and Network Operations Center operators
- Lead the development of a certified training program for internal and external operators and service personnel
- Work with all areas of Altaeros to build out a global service team and provide feedback to improve the product line
- Represent Altaeros via interactions with our customers
- 2+ years managing and 5+ years’ experience in a global service team within a hardware or capital equipment industry
- Bachelor’s Degree (business or engineering preferred)
- ERP systems experience specifically in supporting service organizations
- Creation of processes for customer data collection, MBTF, sparing, staffing, and training
- Results oriented, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Quick learner, curious, strong analytical skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence and communicate complex objectives
in a concise manner
- Strong team-building and leadership skills along with a track record of collaborative work
- A “Startup Attitude”: quick learner, passionate, nimble, and adaptable- you get creative when the answer is not
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter with the subject [VP, Global Service – Your Name] to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Altaeros strives to build a diverse, inclusive environment, where everyone is proud to bring their full selves to bear on the problems we are tackling, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, CORI status, or disability. We value the diversity of perspectives that comes with a diverse team, and encourage applications from candidates of all identities and backgrounds, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in technology startups.